Please enter and exit through the side door by the office.
Monday through Friday
Monday through Thursday
Sunday – Masses: 7:30AM, 9:30AM, 11:30AM
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Please pray for the Church and make your contributions online or drop off at our parish office. Thank you so much. May God bless you all. Please stay healthy and take care of yourselves!
* The parish has purchased two machines that will allow us to “fog” disinfectant throughout the church to more easily and completely sanitize after each Mass. Once the “fog” is dispensed, it requires about 30 minutes to dry completely. We ask that you to enter the church no earlier than 30 minutes prior to Mass. Thank you for your help to keep our community safe.
* Please be sure to pick up you envelope with your raffle tickets and red envelope at the entrance to the church. Since the diocese is not allowing normal social gatherings, we will have a limited version of our bazaar that will allow parishioners to participate even though we cannot attend in person. This year we have printed fewer raffle tickets. Each family will receive 10 raffle tickets to sell or buy. The tickets will sell for $10 each, for a total of $100.00. There will be an early bird drawing for all who turn in their raffle tickets and money in by September 15th. Three lucky “early birds” will each receive $50.00.
* Tickets are in alphabetical order, A—F are on the back pew on the sacristy side of the church. G—L are on the last pew on the cry room side. M - Z are on the tables in the lobby.
* More information about our 2020 Bazar will be presented at our bazaar kick off later in this summer.
* Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament will be held Monday—Thursday right after the 8:00 am Mass. All are welcome to pray with us.
* Your continued financial support of our parish is most appreciated. You can make your contribution online or drop off at the parish office. The are locked boxes in the front lobby of the church and the 4th Street entrance to the church can be used to drop contributions, raffle tickets and red envelopes.
PRO-LIFE INFORMATION SOURCES
https://stlaurence.org/church-teaching - Brief summaries of church teachings on a number of life topics, including contraception, the death penalty, end of life care, in vitro fertilization, etc. Each summary links to a brochure/document published by the USCCB to provide more information.
https://christianvoicesforlife.org/information-resources - Archived weekly emails containing pro-life information, information sheets, videos, and links to documents and videos from a number of respected sources.
www.ChristianVoicesforLife.org/sign-up-for-weekly-emails - Wednesday email provides education on a particular life topic, a suggested prayer and action. Friday email reminds subscribers to pray for our effort to provide sidewalk advocacy outside the abortion facility at 8200 Wednesbury Lane in southwest Houston.
Provided by Marie McCoy Respect Life Coordinator, St. Laurence Catholic Church Executive Director, Christian Voices for Life of Fort Bend County, www.ChristianVoicesforLife.org
Holy Mass 8-8-20 Nineteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time
The Holy Mass at Sacred Heart YouTube Video links Archived:
Sacred Heart Announcements
The Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston Recommendations
That each parish continue to maintain their regular Mass schedules for all those who wish to participate, though the obligation to attend Mass is being dispensed until further notice.
The following individuals are asked to remain at home and not attend Mass:
Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston Prayer in the Time of the Coronavirus
Comfort us, O Lord, for we are like your disciples on the storm tossed seas,
unsettled by what lies ahead.
We turn to You, our Healer and Guide,
to still our hearts in our time of need and hear our prayer:
Heal those who are sick with the coronavirus and protect the elderly and most vulnerable.
Give strength to all who tend to our health and wisdom to researchers who work toward a cure.
Open our eyes and hearts, as you did during Hurricane Harvey, that we may look beyond our immediate needs to care for others who need help.
Through the Holy Spirit, guide our leaders to make wise decisions for the welfare of all the people they serve.
Grant eternal rest to those who have died from the virus.
May Mary, Our Mother, who has heard our pleas in the storms of our lives,
intercede to her Son, that we may find healing and a prompt end to this illness.
Mary, Star of the Sea, pray for us.
Jesus Christ, Our Lord and Savior, heal us.
As our nation and the world faces the crisis surrounding COVID-19, many dioceses and parishes have taken the extraordinary measure to cancel the celebration of public Masses and in some cases dispense the faithful from their Sunday obligation. This has been done as state and local governments have begun to limit large gatherings of people in order to limit the spread of the virus and ultimately keep us safe.
During this time, especially during the Lenten season, we wanted to remind you that EWTN broadcasts the daily Mass live at 8am Eastern from Our Lady of the Angels Chapel on the EWTN campus in Irondale, Alabama. You can watch live on TV or online via streaming at ewtn.com/tv/watch-live.
You can also listen to the Mass live on the radio, SIRIUS/XM, or listen online at ewtn.com/radio/listen-live.
If you missed the live stream, you can get today's daily readings and homily at this link.
We encourage you to check your parish and diocese for the status of your local Mass, and ask that you would pray for healing and comfort for all those who are directly impacted by the virus.
God bless you,
Your EWTN Family
Please note: For privacy and security reasons, we will not post photos of minors unless given written permission. Please contact the Church Office for a release form to authorize sharing your child(ren)'s photos on the website.